Saturday, February 12, 2011

Weekend Sewing

Whew!  My sewing machine has gotten a lot of use already this weekend!  And it got a good de-linting under the needle plate... whoops, there was an embarrassing amount...
Anyway, I present to you Block-a-palooza blocks five & six:

Block #5

Block #6

These blocks were a little more challenging, with a lot of piecing & points to match up.  They aren't perfect, but I like them (especially six!).  Starting block six was hugely difficult - I could not make a decision on fabric.  I knew I wanted a red-heavy block, but I could not make my fabric play nice.  So... I may have paid a visit to my local quilt shop...  Whatever, I really like it now!

In non-quilty news, my friend Sara has been asking me to teach her to crochet.  This weekend we were finally able to meet up for it, and it was a blast!  I have never taught anyone before, but she's home now practicing her single crochet.  She'll be a pro in no time.  I thought that Sara would need a pretty new roll-up case to hold her new hooks, so I whipped one up for her.

Here it is all rolled up:


The inside:

It was fun to make, super practical (I love the needle pocket), and Sara liked it!  I made it mostly following the pattern here, with a few changes, like omitting interfacing (I didn't have enough, and it was fine without).  I kind of want to make one for me now, even though I have a crocheted one as a WIP right now.  Hmm...



4 comments:

  1. I really like the 6th one too! And the crochet roll up came out great. I made myself one that I really like. It's a great way to keep all my hooks handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this crochet roll but unfortunately the link to the pattern doesn't work anymore. Do you remember the measurements?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this crochet roll but unfortunately the link to the pattern doesn't work anymore. Do you remember the measurements?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am interested in making the roll up for my crochet hooks and really like that your pattern has a pocket for the needles. I tried the link to the pattern but it doesn't work. How can I get this pattern?

    ReplyDelete