Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Block 9 & a Shopping List

Yesterday (in spite of my plague) I completed block #9 of the Block-a-palooza quilt along.  It's hard to believe that we're over halfway done!

I also spent some quality time with my seam ripper and some of my first blocks.  They just weren't doing it for me, and I've been wanting to make adjustments for some time.  I will post pics when I am done with all of them.
I'm not finished because, well, honestly, sickness got the best of me in the end yesterday, but also because I ran out of thread!  So I'll be heading out to Joann's later today to buy copious amounts of this:
As well as batting, more machine needles, and more bobbins.  I'll be the first to say, I really don't like Joann's, but they do give out massive coupons AND I have a 15% teacher discount all the time on everything (which stacks with my coupons!), so I will go there for basics.  With that said, I better get up and get moving!  We had a freak snowstorm last night, and while it's mostly gone, I've heard it's snowing in random patches around the area.  My big Swedish baby can handle it, but not everyone can tackle our hills when it's snowy/icy and I don't want to get stuck!  I have sewing to do!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the direction you're going in with your blocks. I would be going back and fixing them if I didn't like them. I'm just too anal!

    ReplyDelete