Saturday, March 5, 2011

Puppies and Rainbows

Phew!  It's been quite a week!  That plague really got me, and then it was back to work for a super busy, jam packed week.  I haven't done either of my Block-a-palooza blocks for this week, but I did do some sewing.  My niece, Frankie, turned two yesterday, and she is the biggest beneficiary of my crafty side around here.
First, I made her this scottie dog stuffed animal:
I used this pattern from Denyse Schmidt, and a bunch of scraps, mostly Amy Butler and Heather Bailey. This puppy turned out to be a lot harder to make than I imagined - the patchwork was fine, but attaching the pink strip in the middle was quite the task at the corners.
I also made her a crayon roll:


So all together, she got puppies and rainbows:

Luckily, my hard work paid off, because she loved them!  After she opened her puppy, she wanted to take a break from present opening and just snuggle it.  Then later, when she opened the crayon roll, she wanted to color right away.  My brother & sister in law had never seen a crayon roll before, and thought it was the coolest idea.  Now, if only I could take credit for that one... haha.
She's got her arm around that puppy.  Oh!  In the background you can see the bacon & eggs I made her for Christmas, too!
Happy Birthday, Frankie!  I hope you enjoy your gifts as much as I enjoyed making them for you!




3 comments:

  1. So cute! Gotta love little kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hi! I LOVE your scottie!!! I have had this pattern on my desk for a while. As you can tell from my palooza blocks, I am crazy about scotties, and I really want to make this for my mom who collects everything scottie. Yours is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete