Sunday, March 6, 2011

Paloozin'

I won something!  I'm so excited, I've never won anything before!  At the half-way point of our Block-a-palooza, everyone was invited to post a collage or picture of their blocks #1-8.  Five people who posted were drawn at random to win prizes of fabric.  I was one of the people selected!  I won a layer cake of Charlevoix:
This line of fabric isn't quite my style, but I've already got ideas about making it into a quilt as a gift for a family member.  Exciting!
I've also been hard at work getting caught up on blocks 10, 11, and 12.
Block #10:
That top corner needs a little editing.  I've already ripped it out and resewn, like, six times though, so I'm taking a time-out from this one.
Block #11:

Block #12:

And here they all are together (so far):

There are only four more blocks left (2 weeks), then we start the sashing/assembly process.  Seeing them all together like this makes me pretty excited for the final product!




5 comments:

  1. It's normally not my style either, but I'm in love with Charlevoix right now. I'm thinking of using mine (I have a jelly roll and layer cake) to make a quilt for our guest bedroom.

    Your quilt-a-long blocks are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the win! And I'm loving all your blocks together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your beautiful Charlevoix winnings, Jenny! I love the Minick & Simpson sisters! And I'm loving all your palooza block fabrics and colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting!! I bet you were doing a happy dance...was I right? (: This is so beautiful. I'm new to quilting and am always inspired by others who have been doing it for some time. Thanks for the inspiration today! Just became a new follower and can't wait to see more posts (:

    Take care and have a lovely weekend!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete