Sunday, March 20, 2011

Just One Star

Yesterday I ran to the post office to mail out Rebecca's block for the Fat Stash Bee, but also this little block here.  It's my contribution to the Just One Star Project.  The people at Moda fabrics are working with the Semper Fi Fund to make 100 quilts in 100 days for soldiers.  All you have to do to help is make one of these star blocks and mail it in to them.  They will gather the blocks, assemble the quilts, and deliver them on Flag Day.  One block?  How easy is that?  I only made one, but I might make more, it was that easy (and enjoyable).  Those words on the block are the sewer's name and home state.  So each soldier that gets one will have a quilt from all over the country.  Cool.
I really enjoyed participating in this project, and I hope to do more things like this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment