Sunday, April 17, 2011

Wanna see something cute?

Not to toot my own horn, or anything...  Well, actually, I guess I am.  But look how cute these are!


After I made a crayon roll for my niece, my co-worker mentioned that his son would love something like that.  I told him that I'd love to make something for his cute little boy!  After we thought about it for a bit, we both agreed that a colored pencil roll-up would be more appropriate for his 5-year-old.  Using my past experience making Sara's crochet hook case, and Frankie's crayon roll, I made up my own pattern and set to work.  I'd never sewn for a little boy before, but I am loving the Lizzy House trees and ducks!

My co-worker has a one-year-old daughter too.  I didn't want to leave her out, so I whipped up a crayon roll for her, that he can keep until she's old enough for crayons.  He doesn't know about this one, so I can't wait to show him tomorrow!



Today I've been hard at work on the manly quilt.  I'm making good progress, so I hope I have a quilt top to show off soon!

2 comments: